Community Unitarian Universalist Church is a congregation of welcoming, diverse, caring and committed people. We provide an atmosphere and framework for examining spiritual questions individually and communally; serve by enriching the spirit through words, music and fellowship; and educate all ages by promoting ethics, a sense of morality and the pursuit of personal and shared truths. We work together to make our world a more compassionate, just and respectful place.
The Rev. Brett Bratcher joins Community UU to speak on a fittling topic for this month. As the Thanksgiving holiday nears, the consideration of the role of gratitude in our lives is especially important. Join us to question, contemplate, and embrace being thankful.
Music will be … read more.
Current and Past News
- Annual Service Auction October 30, 2019 It’s getting closer! The 2019 Service Auction “it’s a Mystery” is coming Saturday, November 16 is our annual service auction. Your ticket price includes dinner! It’s not just a fundraiser, it’s a party! Join us for an evening of fun and fellowship while you bid on goods, events, and services donated by members and the ...
- “God Loves Uganda” Hosted by Rev. Mark Kiyimba October 9, 2019 Film Attendees at Community UU Church will have an opportunity on October 12 to donate to the school and orphanage founded by Rev. Kiyimba in Uganda. The primary school serves children who would otherwise have no opportunity for education. The orphanage is for children whose parents have died of AIDS. Your contributions in any amount ...
- October Share the Plate – Meals on Wheels October 3, 2019 Our Share the Plate offering for October goes to the Meals on Wheels Fund and the time is critical. They just learned they have had severe funding cuts and will have to cut 38,005 meals in the coming months if they cannot raise additional funds. This service helps so many housebound members of our community ...
- Humanist Group 11/21/19 @ 6:00 PM ~ Annex Room G
- Big History 11/21/19 @ 7:00 PM ~ Annex Room G
- Friday Flix 11/22/19 @ 6:30 PM ~ Founders Hall
- Yoga Class 11/23/19 @ 11:00 AM ~ Sanctuary
- NO OWL CLASS 11/24/19 @ 12:00 AM ~
- Worship & NO Religious Education 11/24/19 @ 10:30 AM ~ Sanctuary
- Church Library Open 11/24/19 @ 11:45 AM ~ Room D
- Church Chats 11/24/19 @ 12:00 PM ~ Sanctuary
Share the Plate - happens Sunday, Nov. 24 and will go to the Plano Community Home. Plano Community Home provides premier affordable housing and a continuum of services for low income seniors. They are in the process of building a new facility for veterans. Give generously for this great service.
Guest At Your Table program - is a part of the UU Service Committee's drive to help out in our communities and around the world. Please take a box home (found in our foyer and table in the Sanctuary) and place on your table into which you can donate coins/bills between now and the end of January, 2020. Thanks for participating!