Community Unitarian Universalist Church is a congregation of welcoming, diverse, caring and committed people. We provide an atmosphere and framework for examining spiritual questions individually and communally; serve by enriching the spirit through words, music and fellowship; and educate all ages by promoting ethics, a sense of morality and the pursuit of personal and shared truths. We work together to make our world a more compassionate, just and respectful place.
The halls are decked and the eggs are nogged! We are ready for Kiya Heartwood to return to Community UU to inspirit us with her words and music. Kiya is a lifelong musician, UU seminarian, and maker-of-good-things-in-the-world. Come be part of the celebration and enjoy … read more.
Current and Past News
- 6th Annual Toy Drive for God’s Pantry Children December 6, 2019 This year our Annual Toy Drive will run from December 1 to December 18. God’s Pantry has experienced a growth in the number of children in need of assistance during this holiday season. Toy’s are needed for children 12 years old or younger. There will be boxes under the holiday tree in the sanctuary for ...
- 2019 Service Auction Success November 27, 2019 The 2019 CUUC Annual Service Auction was sooo much fun and a great success. After expenses, our church profited over $10,000! A huge thank you goes to our Service Auction Chair, Sarah Reiling and her hard working committee. And a special thanks goes to Eric Hoyle, who donated his skillful services as our Auctioneer.
- Welcome Pastor Kris! November 27, 2019 Community Church is pleased to announce we’re contracting with the Reverend Kristen Cervantes, better known as “Pastor Kris,” to act as a consulting minister for the church on a half time basis from January through August, with options to discuss future arrangements. She has expressed great interest in pastoral care and other aspects of church ...
- Humanist Group 12/12/19 @ 6:00 PM ~ Offsite
- Big History 12/12/19 @ 7:00 PM ~ Offsite
- Newsletter Deadline 12/13/19 @ 12:00 AM ~ Office – Community UU Church
- Friday Flix 12/13/19 @ 6:30 PM ~ Founders Hall
- Collin County Girls Concert 12/13/19 @ 7:00 PM ~ Sanctuary
- Holiday Singalong 12/13/19 @ 7:00 PM ~
- Circle Suppers 12/14/19 - 12/15/19 @ 12:00 AM ~ Offsite
- Simple Living Chalice Circle 12/14/19 @ 11:00 AM ~ Offsite
Women's Alliance Holiday Party - is Saturday, Dec. 14 at 2pm. Please bring a dish to share and a gift for the game.
Literary Ladies Book Club - will meet on December 17 at 7pm offsite. We will bring good poetry or copies of short essays to share. Snacks this month will be "pot luck!"
Annual Holiday Singalong – Friday, Dec. 13, 7pm at the home of Dick & Janice Hildenbrand. Bring a holiday snack to share, sit around the fire and sing your favorite holiday carols and songs.
Guest At Your Table program - is a part of the UU Service Committee's drive to help out in our communities and around the world. Please take a box home and place on your table into which you can donate coins/bill.