Growing the Green:
March 18, 2023 6:00 pm
It’s finally here: the social event of the season and our biggest fundraiser of the year returns!
Mark your calendars to join us Saturday, March 18 at 6:00 p.m. at the church for our annual service auction. You’ll find opportunities for dinner parties, game nights, home-cooked meal deliveries, lessons to share hobbies, skills, and interests, and themed baskets for purchase.
Open seating and appetizers / hors d’oeuvres (served at your table) begin at 6:00 with the bidding to start around 6:45.
Our service auction website is now available for you to view the items now up for auction and to view the calendar of events being offered. Please follow this link to have a look around: http://togetherauction.com/communityuuchurch.
SERVICE MARKETPLACE: A REVERSE SERVICE AUCTION
This year you have the opportunity to submit requests to the Service Marketplace. Is there a technical service, home repair, or garden project you’ve been wishing for? Explain your project on the Service Request Form, and list the price you’re willing to pay the church for someone with the time and skill to grant your wish. Here’s how it will work:
- Have a project, task you need assistance completing?
- Can it be clearly defined, with a start and finish point?
- Can a volunteer successfully fulfill your need?
- Name your request.
- Determine how much you are willing to pay the Church for that service. Your request will be added to the Marketplace Board.
- A willing church members can contact you and arrange to fill your service need.
- You will pay the church for the service when you settle your Auction tab.
There are three ways to request a service:
1. Download or print the PDF version HERE fill it out then mail it to Barb Salvo or the church. You can also scan or take a picture of your completed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Download the MS Word .docx file HERE, fill it out then send it as an attachment to an email also sent to email@example.com.
3. Fill out the printed version of the form you will find in the church foyer and drop it in the church office.
Don’t be late!
Save the date! Mark Saturday, March 18th, in red on your calendars!! All the action happens in the Sanctuary beginning at 6:00pm.