WHO ARE WE?
CUUC’s Women’s Alliance offers support, service, programs, and an annual retreat for women of all ages. By our involvement with one another and our community, we connect and grow- together. We’d love for you to get involved!
WHAT DO WE DO?
We do good works! Through member dues, yearly fundraisers, and our time, we’ve helped the church in many ways:
- Tree donation for the Memory Garden
- Projector bulbs for the Sanctuary
- Contributions to church-wide fundraising raffles
- New dishwasher for the kitchen
- Contribution to Children’s Library project
- Paint for RE classrooms
Through donations of money and time we help the wider community:
- Samaritan Inn
- Hope’s Door
- God’s Pantry and other local foodbanks in need
- Collin County Adult Clinic of Plano
- Collin County Women’s Shelter
We also have fun together! Our fellowship gatherings include:
- Women’s Fellowship Breakfast (monthly)
- Spring Annual Retreat
- Summer Potluck
- Fall Garden Party Potluck Lunch
- Winter Holiday Party
Who can join? Women members and friends of Community Unitarian Universalist Church. Annual dues are only $15. The membership year for dues and programs begins at the June meeting when officers are elected.
Why join? What are the dues used for? Each year we donate a portion of our time, talent and treasure to good causes inside the church community and beyond.
Women’s Alliance Board
Co-Chair: Victoria Rachael
Co-Chair: Diana Behannesey
Treasurer: Janice Hildenbrand
Secretary: Pam Reinke-Walter
Advisors: Valerie Gomes, Vicki Verinder, Jodie Zoeller Bloom
2022-2023 Calendar of Events
Women’s Alliance Holiday Party – 12/11/22, 1-3:00 pm @ Victoria Rachel’s house
Women’s Alliance Retreat – 4/28-30/2023, starting @ Friday 7pm to Sunday Noon at Glen Lakes Camp & Retreat Center, Glen Rose Tx
Women’s Alliance Potluck Dinner – June 17 at 6-8 pm, Founder’s Hall
Monthly Zoom Chat – 10 am on the 1st Saturday of the month