If you like to pitch in and help out, there’s lots to do at Community UU! Think about your skills and talents, and what you love doing most- chances are, there’s an outlet at CUUC where you can feel good by doing good!
Teams and Committees
Here’s just a sampling of how we make CUUC a home, and how you can help:
- Adult Religious Education: organize or host workshops and discussion groups for adult spiritual enrichment
- Audio/Visual: work our sound booth during worship services and other events
- Building and Grounds: keep our physical space in good repair with routine maintenance and upkeep
- Caring Committee: support those in need with calls, cards, transportation, or help with household chores
- Communication: contribute to our newsletter, website, and other venues to keep members informed
- Fellowship: organize and host social gatherings that offer fun and fellowship
- Finance Committee: monitor and maintain the financial status of the church
- Fundraising and Stewardship: plan events and campaigns to encourage giving
- Membership: help new visitors connect and engage with the church
- Music and choir: sing or play during services and at events
- Religious Education for children and youth: guide and nurture them in spiritual growth and exploration
- Social Justice and Social Action: support efforts to create a more loving and just community for all
- Worship Team: plan and deliver quality worship services that inspire, inform, and uplift
Our elected leaders and the volunteer chairs of our ministry teams and committees wear many hats as they guide us in fulfilling our mission. The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) is just what it sounds like- a means of identifying potential church leaders. Development happens through workshop series such as Harvest the Power, or by nominating and sponsoring candidates for intensive leadership training at a regional level. You can join the LDC, or ask us about upcoming training opportunities.
Sunday Morning Fellowship
We always need volunteers to help with Fellowship Hour after service! You can bring goodies to share, help set up the room, put out drinks and snacks, and help with cleanup. Greet and mingle with newcomers and visitors along the way.
Special Events & Happenings
There are a variety of events that need helping hands- some come once a year, some more often. Whether you feel most at ease behind a soundboard or out front on stage, setting up a room or building spreadsheets, we’ll have something for you! To stay up to date about what’s going on, contact the church office and ask to receive our weekly email newsletter.