ANNOUNCEMENT - IMPORTANT
Out of an abundance of caution and until further notice, we have shifted from in-church Sunday morning services to on-line worship services. Our intent is to help minimize the potential spread of Covid-19 in our communities and protect the most vulnerable. Please read our Covid-19 Policy and Guide. For further information, email email@example.com.
Join us for our Zoom Worship Party this Sunday. Visitors can obtain the Zoom link by completing this form: Visitor Form.
You may also watch this Sunday's service plus our previous services on YouTube by selecting Community UU Church of Plano YouTube Channel.
Community Unitarian Universalist Church is a congregation of welcoming, diverse, caring and committed people. We provide an atmosphere and framework for examining spiritual questions individually and communally; serve by enriching the spirit through words, music and fellowship; and educate all ages by promoting ethics, a sense of morality and the pursuit of personal and shared truths. We work together to make our world a more compassionate, just and respectful place.
Current and Past News
- UUA General Assembly – call for delegates May 13, 2021General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Participants worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to have voting delegates. Based on Community UU’s size and status, we are authorized three delegates that are Members of the ...
- 2021-2022 Stewardship Campaign Update May 1, 2021The 2021-2022 Annual Pledge Drive, “Get Back Better Together” is drawing to a close, while we are still waiting to hear back from a few folks. We want to take this opportunity to report on the results thus far. We wish to thank everyone who has responded thus far; your pledges will help us successfully transition ...
- What’s New in the Garden? May 1, 2021Water, wait, and watch for greening.That’s been our patient mantra as we assess the February freeze damage at Community Harvest Garden.The resilience of many plants has amazed us, particularly deceptively delicate appearing cilantro. Each year we allow some cilantro plants to go to seed. The fern–like foliage provides beneficial insect nurseries (think ladybugs) and the ...
- Bridge via zoom 5/16/21 @ 1:30 PM ~
- NO HoUUse Jam 5/17/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
- Literary Ladies Book Club via Zoom 5/18/21 @ 7:00 PM ~
- Tibetan Buddhism On-Line Class 5/18/21 @ 7:00 PM ~ Online via Zoom
- Church Library Closed 5/19/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
- NO Choir Rehearsal 5/19/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
- Tibetan Buddhism On-Line Class 5/19/21 @ 7:00 PM ~ Online via Zoom
- Newsletter Deadline 5/20/21 @ 12:00 AM ~ Office – Community UU Church
Annual Congregational Meeting: Members - please attend our online meeting on May 23, following the Online Zoom Worship Service. Agenda items include Slate of Nominees, 2021/22 Budget, and Proposed Bylaw Revisions. Documents to be reviewed prior to our Annual Meeting are located HERE.
Share the Plate: May recipient is UBarU.
Tibetan Buddhism Virtual Class: Please join Tashi Nyima from your home at https://zoom.us/j/825940300. This Virtual Sangha will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays at 7:00pm. Please download Zoom before your first use & place your computer on silent mode during the mediation, until it is time to discuss the teachings.