ANNOUNCEMENT - IMPORTANT
Out of an abundance of caution and until further notice, we continue to offer Sunday morning services on-line only. Our intent is to help minimize the potential spread of Covid-19 in our communities and protect the most vulnerable. Please read our updated (effective May 15, 2021) Covid-19 Policy and Guide. For further information, email email@example.com .
Join us for our Zoom Worship Party this Sunday. Visitors can obtain the Zoom link by completing this form: Visitor Form.
You may also watch this Sunday's service plus our previous services on YouTube by selecting Community UU Church of Plano YouTube Channel.
Community Unitarian Universalist Church is a congregation of welcoming, diverse, caring and committed people. We provide an atmosphere and framework for examining spiritual questions individually and communally; serve by enriching the spirit through words, music and fellowship; and educate all ages by promoting ethics, a sense of morality and the pursuit of personal and shared truths. We work together to make our world a more compassionate, just and respectful place.
Current and Past News
- Loving and Letting Go June 12, 2021Life is impermanent, loss universal and inevitable and it begins long before a loved one dies. Yet when we experience grief ourselves we sometimes feel isolated. A new group is forming to provide a safe place for people, members and friends of the church, to share their difficult journeys and to support one another. It ...
- UUA General Assembly – call for delegates May 13, 2021General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Participants worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to have voting delegates. Based on Community UU’s size and status, we are authorized three delegates that are Members of the ...
- 2021-2022 Stewardship Campaign Update May 1, 2021The 2021-2022 Annual Pledge Drive, “Get Back Better Together” is drawing to a close, while we are still waiting to hear back from a few folks. We want to take this opportunity to report on the results thus far. We wish to thank everyone who has responded thus far; your pledges will help us successfully transition ...
- Tibetan Buddhism On-Line Class 6/22/21 @ 7:00 PM ~ Online via Zoom
- NO Choir Rehearsal 6/23/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
- Tibetan Buddhism On-Line Class 6/23/21 @ 7:00 PM ~ Online via Zoom
- NO Thursday Evening Humanist Group 6/24/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
- Tibetan Buddhism On-Line Class 6/24/21 @ 7:00 PM ~ Online via Zoom
- NO Yoga Class 6/26/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
- Worship via zoom 6/27/21 @ 10:30 AM ~ Online via YouTube & Zoom
- NO HoUUse Jam 6/28/21 @ 12:00 AM ~
Grief Support Group: "Loving and Letting Go" is scheduled to begin in August, in person, at the facilitators' homes. For more information please contact the grief group facilitators, Joyce Thompson and Pam Reinke-Walter, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share the Plate: June recipient is Human Rights Initiative of North Texas.
Tibetan Buddhism Virtual Class: Please join Tashi Nyima from your home at https://zoom.us/j/825940300. This Virtual Sangha will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays at 7:00pm. Please download Zoom before your first use & place your computer on silent mode during the mediation, until it is time to discuss the teachings.